So I thought of an idea for Help Readers Love Reading to share other books I've read that haven't been reviewed, sort of an end of the week wrap-up. Since Friday is the end of the week, and since 5:00pm seems to be the unofficial transition from week to weekend, that seems like a good time to give a weekly update of notable books I've read that may or may not get reviewed. This isn't my official reading log, just a list of books I've read that are worth a mention, maybe a sentence or two, and possibly a future review.
Over the next few weeks I'm going to catch everyone up on the first half of the year, month by month. Then it will become a summary of each week's reading. At least that's the plan.
One last thing. It's important to note what is not listed. I do a lot of reading that isn't books, stuff like Sports Illustrated (weekly) and ESPN the Magazine (biweekly). There's also blog posts, newspapers, Twitter, and various time-wasting excursions into Wikipedia, my fantasy baseball/football leagues, and YouTube (daily). And all of them (okay, excluding that last one) are reading. Just because it doesn't fit neatly onto a reading log (date, title, author, genre) doesn't make it not reading. Remember that for your students and kids.
- Spaceheadz Book #2 by Jon Scieszka - Love this series. Don't know why I haven't reviewed this one yet, but I did review Book #1.
- The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
- Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel - Interesting graphic novel about traveling between the land of the living and the land of ghosts.
- The Ghostwriter Secret by Mac Barnett - Second in the great Brixton Brothers series.
- Scumble by Ingrid Law - Savvy is excellent, yet it took a while to finally read the follow up. I shouldn't have waited.
- We Are In a Book by Mo Willems
- Ling & Ting: Not Exactly the Same by Grace Lin
- Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
- Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer Holm
- Heart of a Samurai by Margi Preuss
- Dark Emperor by Joyce Sidman
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
Post a Comment
All comments are moderated and will not appear until approved. If your comment is an answer for the PBID Challenge, it will appear with all other answers on the following Monday. Remember to check back then!