(And on an only slightly related tangent, why do I find reading even more enjoyable when I can look up and see palm trees? Do people in Florida find reading more enjoyable if they look up and see this? What about this? Actually, now that I think about it, if I was seeing those views one would mean it was summer and the other would probably mean a snow day. Either way I'd have more time to read. I guess they'd make reading more enjoyable to me as well.)
- The Legend of the Golden Snail by Graeme Base - Amazing pictures and magical story.
- The Lightning Thief (Graphic Novel) by Rick Riordan
- On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness by Andrew Peterson (reread) - One of my favorite series.
- Woods Runner by Gary Paulsen - An interesting combination between fiction and nonfiction. There's much here to learn and much to enjoy in this book about the American Revolution.
- Joey Pigza Loses Control by Jack Gantos (reread)
- North! Or Be Eaten! by Andrew Peterson (reread)
- Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer Holm (reread) - I had a great time visiting Key West and several places where Turtle is set.
- Bless this Mouse by Lois Lowry
- Wildfire Run by Dee Garretson
- 3:15 Episode #1 by Patrick Carman
- The Fantastic Secret of Owen Jester by Barbara O’Connor